A range of fine art picture framing services
Our team of skilled picture framers and shop consultants understand that bespoke picture framing should be both beautiful, and functional, providing adequate protection for the artwork, whilst complementing the art itself.
Remember, the frame should not swamp the image; it should enhance it!
Our workshops feature four Fine Art Trade Guild qualified picture framers, several able assistants, plus a fine gilder and a traditional framer who can either make new, swept frames to size, or repair old frames.
- We have standard high quality framing options with a large range of mounting options, plus hand made swept frames and hand finished gold and silver leaf options.
- We combine the most up to date machinery, as well as traditional methods, to offer a complete, all-round service.
- Our state-of-the-art Gunnar, computerised mount cutter enables us to cut mounts in all styles and thicknesses, whilst at the same time, we can use traditional methods of joining frames by hand.
- It goes without saying that we use the finest materials conservation and museum materials where appropriate.
- We have a large range of glazing options, and use a fine ‘clear’ glass by default (standard picture framing glass is actually quite green, like old greenhouse glass, which spoils the colours of fine artwork).
- We have UV filtering glass, that filters up to 98% of UV, and optically coated glass that gives almost no reflections.